Saturday, July 14, 2007

It's a Girl!



Jubilee Faith Taylor was welcomed into the world at 3:45 am Thursday July 12.
She was 7 lb 8 oz and 20 '' long.


Tricia and I had been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby and when Tricia's water broke at 6am TUESDAY morning we were expecting the baby later that day. Jubilee, however, had other plans...

After 44 hours of labor we took Tricia into the hospital where they confirmed what we expected; they baby was partially posterior (facing the wrong direction) Her head was turned and she wasn't able to fit down right. The doctors used a vacuum to turn her head and then Tricia was able to push her out right after that. We now have a healthy little girl. Tricia is a little sore but she is doing really well too.

During the early stages of Tricia's labor she and I were comparing giving birth to running an ironman triathlon (a 2.4 mi [3.9km] swim, 112 mi [180km] bike ride and a 26.2 mi [42km] run) We decided that they would be fairly close but the ironman might be a little harder... Boy, were we ever wrong in Tricia's case! With almost 46 HOURS of labor (granted not all of that time was really hard labor) I think anyone in their right mind would rather run an ironman! And I thought me running a triathlon was impressive... Not even close.


We will post some more pictures and details in the next few days. Just give us a chance to rest up a little first!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, congratulations Tricia and Stephen

Anonymous said...

BAby, baBY, BABY!!! WOW! That's all I can say right now, I'm just really happy for you. You guys are the first pair I've known meeting at TMI to have a child. From my WHOLE family "CONGRADULATIONS"

Janelle said...

congratulations! oh, i'm so happy for you! you picked a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.

LOWELL said...

YEAH! I am so happy!
I checked the blog around 30 times a day waiting for the announcement. What a story. We were all praying for you guys.

I would way rather run an ironman triathlon than give birth. It would be much less painful. The transitions are a little cleaner too. =) I can't wait to see Jubilee!

Love ya guys! Try and try to get some rest hey.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
My name is Ashten. I don't know if you remember I but I was starting up at BMW when you were there in Aug. I left soon after that..but ya I some how got on your e-mailing list and just want to congradutlate you!
ARe you still with TMI? or are you going to south Africa with another organization?
congradulations again! that is so exciting! :)

Ericka said...

Congradulations! I know you both are so proud. She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. I can't wait to see her. Remember the very best things are worth waiting for. Love you both, hugs and kisses to all three of you.

Love
Aunt Marla, Uncle George and Malia

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, TRICIA AND STEPHEN! What a beautiful baby. I know that you two are so very proud. Can't wait to see more pictures!
Love,
Steven and Sandy Allen

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both!!! I can't believe that I have a friend that's married with a baby...makes me feel old!!! I also can't believe it took 44 hours before you went to the hospital!!! Yikes!!
She's a beautiful baby, and I'm sure well worth the 46 hours (plus 9 months) of work it took to get her here!! Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful baby! Congratulations :) How long are you in AB for?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful miracle! Congratulations Trish and Stephen. I would have to agree with Stephen about preferring to run a triathlon too! Life will soon speed up so put on your running shoes. I can't wait to see more pictures and I know the grandparents are very proud of their new granddaughter.
I know how they feel because we have a new little baby in our family too - Dillon was born on Wednesday (July 11) at 11:20 pm. He was 5 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 inches long. (He decided to come a few weeks early)
I can't wait to see your mom, Trish, so we can look at baby pics and talk about how exciting it is to be grandparents.
May God bless and keep your new family in His hands.
Love Carole Brown

Anonymous said...

wow! congratulations to this cute little baby girl! you must be very proud!
thank you so much for the email! it's always great to hear from my canadian friends!
i miss you!
love, stephi

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the both of you!!! Stephen I'm sooo glad to hear that you've been doing well.
God Bless!

Laura said...

CONGRATS!!! I can't imagine the extreme wait & pain you must have experienced during the two days of labor, but I'm sure it is worth every minute now! I'm so happy for both of you!! She is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia & Stephen!! I'm so happy for you both!! Your baby is beautiful and I know you are in for many years of fun & joy! Tricia, I'm so glad your labor ended well. I work in the nursery at my hospital and things can sometimes get hairy with labor so I know God had His hand on you! Take care and enjoy your beautiful new baby! God Bless, Ashlie (Blair) Farquharson

Angela said...

What a beautiful gift God has given you! She is just gorgeous. Enjoy her because she will grow up so fast.

Chad and Angela Mills

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! I was thrilled to hear your news...Praise the Lord!

Hope you can get rested up ;-)

Andrea Barbour

destiny said...

Congrats! I don't think you know me, but I go to Eastwood. The baby is beautiful! I know you are enjoying her! God Bless!
Destiny Perkins

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord and congratulations Tricia, Stephen, Cindy and Tony on you beautiful daughter and granddaughter. May God bless Jubilee(what a lovely, glorious name), your future endeavors and travels. I know Janet is looking forward to seeing you (Cindy, Tony and children)back in Louisiana and hearing all about the baby. I know she misses you all. In Christ, Gerry Simpson (Janet Thomas' mom).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both, she is beautiful. I am so happy for you and I wish all three of you a life time of happiness

mommyofonebabygirl said...

hey you two how is the baby doing I love the photos you should veiw mine sometime also give me a call soon so that I can congradulate you on the phone later momofonebabygirl

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve and Tricia!!
She is so cute and you guys look so happy!! Do you know how long you will be in Alberta? It would be great to get everyone together an beable to visit with you guys and the baby.

Megan Steele