
On Sunday, June 24th, Stephen officially became a triathlete! He ran in the Sprint distance in the Edmonton 2007 BG Triathlon World Cup. He heard about it through his cousin Lowell, who also ran. Lowell ran with his fiance, Julie. Stephen's brother Jordan, and friend Lance decided to join in the fun too! The sprint consisted of a 750 meter swim, a 20k bike ride, and a 5 k run. In Stephen's age group there were 8 contestants. He finished 6th in his age group overall . His swim time was 7th at 17:19 min. His bik
e time was 5th at 41:47. His run was 5th at 23:36. His overall time was 1:22:41! He came in 42nd out of 89 men running the Sprint. What an awesome time for his first triathlon! I'm so proud of him, and he had SOOO much fun running it!
8 comments:
Awesome job Stephen! We are so proud of you!
Stephen I feel like a proud parent! I have heard so much about you from Cindy. We are so proud of you! Have fun!
Congratulations Stephen! Just wait until that baby gets here next month..then you will become a whole different kind of athelete.
Can't wait to see pictures of the baby.
Take care of yourself Tricia...I know your mom is excited about coming up there on Monday.
Tricia I didn't mean to leave you out. You did an awesome job on the pics for the blog site. And you will be a "domestic engineer" instead of stay at home mom...my sister does that too. She's amazing. And so too will you be.
God bless.
Janet :)(Hunter's mom)
Congrats Stephen! You did awesome. I was proud to have you guys in the race. I think we should make it a yearly ritual. You can fly in from Africa. =) Maybe I will have to come to Africa to do a triathlon. =)
If anyone wants to see a video of that my dad took during the triathlon, you can find it here. I didn't spend time editing it much because of lack of time, but it has most of the good stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbCSyZP7t6E
Yeay for Stephen!
Now...have that baby already!!!
Julie :)
I just watched the video! Amazing technology ... for that to be available.
It does seem like a good family activity for you to pursue.
Enjoy your parenting days ahead ... and congrats to both you and Tricia.
Shirley
I'm so happy for you two--make that three. It's exciting keeping up with you through our small group at Eastwood. We pray for you regularly. Congratulations!
Post a Comment